Sunday, June 29, 2014

A new job!


One of the jobs I sent my resume to panned out and I went in for an interview Friday morning.

The company is called Magnum Energy and they primarily design and manufacture inverters for mobile and renewable energy applications (think RVs and solar arrays). I will be working on the assembly line in the final stage (testing/packaging/shipping).
It is going to involve a LOT of heavy lifting and working on my feet, so it's a good thing I don't shy from hard work. The inverters weigh about 70 lbs. a piece and I will be doing boxing to start for my first two weeks. This means moving the assembled inverter from the table to a box and the box into a taping machine as many as 200 times a day. This should do a good job of kicking my ass into shape!
I will be working from 7am to 3:30pm, which will still leave me with the rest of the day to relax, play with the kids, and make dinner as necessary.

I'm fairly excited about it, as it seems like a solid company to work for and I like the people I've met so far.
I also like the idea of working for a "Made in the U.S.A." company.

And so barring any sudden disasters, I will be starting work on the 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment