Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Imperial Guard

Warning! Picture Intensive!
Next in the miniature lineup is the completed faux Imperial Guard unit that I've been working on lately. Probably going to call them the 1st Gavinrad Imperial Guard Regiment, Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon. So far there are only 18 of them in total, but I will be picking up another box of 18 pretty soon as well as a heavy weapons section to back them up.
 First picture is all of them together. Currently split into 3 units, a squad of Lasguns, a squad of Autoguns, and a Command Squad. Each of the two squads has a Grenade launcher backing it up.
 The start of the Command Squad. Consists of a flamer, 2 boltguns, and the officer who has a lasgun and a sword.
 The Autogun squad on its own. Though I may have to call them a Lasgun squad as well.
 Lasguns likewise.
 Closeup of the Lasgun Sergeant.
 Autogun Sergeant

 Autogunner with a grenade in his mitt.
 This dude is one of my favorites. Bolter and a sword.
And the officer.

I am currently reading up on the Imperial Guard Codex (granted, its the second edition codex) so that I can actually figure out a small army to field. The hardest and most expensive part will be the vehicles, as I'll probably need to go with GW stuff for that and that stuff is not cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment